LAS VEGAS, NV – A woman who was discovered deceased in the kitchen of a west Las Vegas home was identified Monday.
The Clark County Coroner’s office said 63-year-old Julie Brown was the victim in the incident.
Brown was found deceased by her family who had returned from a vacation to California on July 19. They called emergency services after discovering her body and finding the couch completely scorched in their Desert Shores home, near Cheyenne Avenue and Rampart Boulevard.
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue crews responded to the scene and said a fire broke out in the living room causing the couch to smolder. Fire officials added Brown may have died of smoke inhalation as a result, although the coroner’s office did not provide a cause or manner of death yet.
Investigators ruled the fire as accidental. The total damage was estimated at $75,000.